Other Services at AWC
Pet Care and Boarding
The Animal Wellness Center of Athens offers Animal Behavioral Counseling and an extensive supply of traditional and holistic medications, supplements, and products to enhance the care and well being of companion animals, as well as bathing, brush outs and nail trims for dogs and cats.
In addition to exemplary medical and behavioral services, AWC provides boarding in warm, comfortable cages and indoor runs for dogs, as well as spacious condos for boarding cats and certain exotic species.
A spacious boarding kennel for dogs has been sound-proofed from the rest of the building and consists of deluxe runs and comfortable cages as well as a secure, fenced, grassy area adjacent to the building where dogs can run and stretch their legs outdoors.
A separate cat boarding area is equipped with individual kitty condos to provide a climate controlled, comfortable home away from home experience for our feline boarding patients.
At the Animal Wellness Center of Athens, we offer bathing and brush-outs for canine and feline patients.
We offer professional grooming services including haircuts, fancy hairstyles, nail grooming and more for canine and feline patients by experienced pet groomer, Jessica Temple, at the Animal Wellness Center of Athens. Please call for your appointment: (706) 549-1400.
Flea and Tick Control
A variety of Flea and Tick Control products are also available.
Wellness Tips from Angela and Lisa
Grooming and Why It Is So Important
Did you know that good grooming is more than just having a good-looking pet. It also helps tackle potential health conditions.
• Brush your cat several times a week to prevent hairballs and digestive problems
• Brushing your dog keeps him looking beautiful but also helps you inspect for fleas or ticks
• Let your vet know if your pet’s eyes look red, irritated or cloudy.
• Inspect your pet’s ears– they should be odorless and free of inflammation or debris.
• Cats and indoor dogs may need professional nail clipping to prevent ingrown claws– especially if you are wary of accidentally cutting your sweet pet’s nails too short which can cause serious issues.